- Sun, 13:43: Sunday lunch with a view in Yangon, Myanmar https://t.co/AhMdyfZPQL
- Sun, 14:57: Missing my dogs 😭
- Sun, 20:46: Julien Baker - "Primavera sound 2016" https://t.co/SvLmx2eI64 via @YouTube
- Sun, 20:50: Radiohead How To Disappear Completely (perfect audio) https://t.co/0zNEu7rBZz via @YouTube
- Sun, 20:57: True Love Waits - Radiohead https://t.co/5VUKZzF0j9 via @YouTube
- Sun, 21:03: Radiohead - Idioteque [Glastonbury 2003] https://t.co/x2PvZoIFNe via @YouTube
- Sun, 21:17: Radiohead in Rainbows - From the Basement https://t.co/aJDlZu5QiP via @YouTube
- Sun, 21:18: ...as long as they know it will signal the beginning of the end of their golden age...
- Sun, 22:06: Millions in South Sudan in Urgent Need of Food, U.N. Warns - https://t.co/tGEkaezhN8 https://t.co/Zs63vGtuoU
- Sun, 22:51: #NowPlaying Goodnight by Shoffy ♫ https://t.co/q5DvZoQls7
We've been able to maintain this correspondence for four years. It's amazing. I always think of writing him when something big or small happens. He's such an important friend to me, and some of the the best memories I have of Uzbekistan (small, simple moments like walking for a few blocks in the snow to buy some snacks in the corner store; going out to have a breath of fresh air after lunch; getting stuck in the office for another overtime and still enjoying the company) are with him.
I regret not saying a proper goodbye, but I suck like that. I never know how to say goodbye. I always lie and say I'm going to be back.
But then, maybe (hopefully) I've grown up a little now?
In Yangon for work and things are not exactly urgent and so I struggle to fill up my days at the office.
I don't like having team dinners because I'm socially awkward (but I have to go to a dinner with my boss tonight).
I've been binge-watching tv shows in the evenings until it's time to go to sleep. And checking my email every few minutes to check for updates on Vietnam.
I miss my dogs.
That is my life right now.
I'm still feeling a confused sort of happiness (and fear) about Vietnam.
It will be a big adjustment mainly because I'm such a shy person and it will be my first time living on my own in a foreign country for more than a few months at a time.
Still, I am very very thankful -- the job is a dream come true for me (and my parents).
Got the pre-offer and experienced ecstacy :))
Now I have to work on gathering the pre-employment documentary requirements, wait for feedback after they get in touch with my references.... I wish everything could be settled already. This entire experience has been very stressful though it will be worth it if I push through in my move.
Thu, 16:14: I...I...I https://t.co/xtk9XtrRVl Thu, 18:32: #NowPlaying Tacoma by Caitlyn Smith ♫ https://t.co/afHXdJb8MH Thu, 18:56: #NowPlaying Old Souls, Young Bodies by Whissell ♫ https://t.co/MSKzx2lYk2 Thu, 19:46: #NowPlaying Keep Lying by Donna Missal ♫ https://t.co/FJucGwEf99 Fri, 07:07: Philippine Police Are Accused of Killing South Korean Businessman https://t.co/SE0X3BLFSG
I'm thankful, this is all because of Him, by His will.
At the same time, I feel strangely less elated than I thought I would.
Hmmm. Maybe it's because I waited so long for the decision that some of my excitement died, but I'm sure my heart will pick up speed when the pre-offer finally comes.
Back from wintry Japan. It was <3 as usual.
I love Hokkaido.
I wonder when I'll be able to go back.
Sun, 16:25: RT @metmuseum: Using a microscope fitted to a bellows camera, Wilson Alwyn Bentley was the first to photograph a single snowflake. https://… Sun, 16:32: GoPro Hero 5 from my twin bro 😊🎄 https://t.co/y30g6naljK Sun, 21:57: Christmas is family time ♥️🎄😊 https://t.co/Up22LbGZ7s Sun, 22:39: Christmas bonfire 🎄😊 https://t.co/59VHecsZyW